The iPad announcement turns 10 so we take a chance to spend 40 minutes talking about the good old days of information density, subscriptions are tiring us out, and then we 1v1 Neil Young in the audiophile arena.
00:02:48 – iPad Announcement Turned 10
00:39:17 – Subscription Fatigue
01:08:14 – Let’s Laugh at Neil Young
The iPad turns 10:
- Daring Fireball: The iPad Awkwardly Turns 10
- Daring Fireball: It’s Not About Intuitiveness
- Stratechery: Tragic iPad
- Is this the Apple tablet? 
- The New Fantastical Review [$4.99/mo or $39.99/y]
- MindNode 7 released [$2.99/mo or $19.99/y]
- What sort of software does a subscription actually make sense for?
- How do developers make consistent revenue in Apple’s ecosystem without subscriptions?
Neil Young and his audiophile nonsense:
- The Verge interview with Neil Young
- Neil Young is wrong about the MacBook Pro by Jim Dalrymple
- Neil Young is wrong (about everything) by Jason Snell
- Neil Young Is Back on His Audiophile Bullshit by Nick Heer
- 24/192 Music Downloads …and why they make no sense by Monty